In accordance with Subpart E of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, a student with a qualifying disability that adversely affects his/her ability to take or read notes may be permitted to audio-record class lectures via tape recorder, 数字记录器, or smart pen as a form of reasonable academic accommodation. Use of this accommodation is subject to the following conditions:
- Audio files of class lectures are only for the student’s personal use in study and preparation related to the class.
- The student may not share these audio files with any other person, 那个人是否在他/她的班级.
- The student agrees to destroy any audio files that were made when they are no longer needed for his/ her academic work.
- 教师 have the right to disallow the recording of some classroom discussions or presentations by other students.
- 学生 who have been granted permission to audio record class lectures as an accommodation must agree in writing to abide by each of these provisions.
学生 being granted this accommodation are required to sign the Agreement Regarding Audio Recording of Class Lectures.